Friday, July 14, 2017

bouquets

A mason jar bouquet is usually enough for aching loneliness to recreate itself back to god, or love, or whatever you'd like to call it.
But to be sure, here are a few more.
Flowers grow and so we may distribute them to the dead to bring them back to life, to call them from whatever caves in which they've taken rest, sometimes for years.
Or grow so that we can bring them as blessings to the living, when their heart is celebrating or aching, but we don't know the words so we bring them from where ever things come from and hope their meaning is understood.
These grew for you.
I found them and knew all the colors were meant to show you that you were loved by something breathtaking and unfathomable and essentially a part of you.
I want you to believe in what makes them grow and that it makes you grow the same, and in their beauty and your beauty the same, and that there is no exception. I felt sure I wanted to bring you armfuls. And don't you know ? It took all the earth and sky and sun and mystery of being and courage of loving and trust enough to draw near enough to anything to bring me here, to you, with these. So here, I suppose we made these together, you and I and everything; and I think they turned out beautifully. I think we should be proud. I wanted you to see how lovely you are, and we all can be, together. We are still all together, you know. I guess I just wanted you to know, so I picked these for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment