Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Flowers on Hylan Blvd.

My skin wanted to feel sunshine and my legs wanted movement so I went for a walk and found myself in a flower shop, and found myself in a different world, or rather, more awake in this world. And I remembered. I remembered that beauty was free, and worth stopping for, so I stopped. I gazed at the faces of flowers and they gazed back and we adored each other and drank the sun like wine, and smiled. And I am sure I seemed drunk because I couldn't stop smiling. Even at all the scowling people, looking un-amused at price-tags and wilted petals. I wanted to lift their faces to the sun. I wanted to run and dance and sing to the yellows and purples and blues that surrounded us. I wanted to share my joy at finding beauty, here, on Hylan Blvd, in a place I pass so frequently, that I forgot to look, until I remembered, today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment