Friday, May 3, 2013

Toward Freedom

I am grateful for the shake-ups, the mess-ups, the unexpected words from unexpected people at the wrong time.   I am grateful for having the same experience and experiencing it differently. What almost broke me is air now; soft and how ever I choose to shape it.

What I am saying is, I am not the person I was then.  I am more present and more alive and safer and surer.   And I am more practiced at living.  I have practiced the experience of living and I know how Unbreakable I  am. And I have come to rest in my broken places too.

It is a joy to be reminded of how far I have come from where I have been.  All you can do is shake up emotions in me.  And I am less afraid of them now. I know the air-truth of them now- what ever I make it.

Now,  with  my firm roots on this earth I get to grow tall and sway.  I get to shimmy in the returning light and I can root deeper in the storms.

I am not afraid to feel.  I am not afraid to feel because I have felt before I knew I was feeling.   I thought the feeling was real and I had no choice   Now I know. It's air and it's sun or it's lack of sun but I am still growing and I am firm in my place.

You can't see, but my roots reach the Atlantic. There is no end to the nourishment I receive. I am free of the choices you'd make for me.  I am free to stay rooted deep in my body.

My body: The place given to me in order to experience the warm, dark, nourishing earth.  And I know now the gift of it all.

 I know the gift of the darkness is moving through the darkness.  And I know that darkness is not the absence of anything but instead the invitation to find out how brightly and endlessly we are able to Shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment