Monday, July 1, 2013

Kindness

So I just noticed something, and I want to share it with all of you, because for me this is a huge revelation. This morning, I did something really kind for myself.  It was something very small, but something I knew I would really appreciate. And almost immediately after offering that kindness to myself, I felt the way it feels when a muscle finally relaxes, but it was my spirit that was relaxing.  It was as if energy was freed up inside of me, and now I had more energy.  And without hesitation, the energy manifested as loving energy toward others.  My mind started to think of some of my dearest students and friends, and I thought of each of them with love and appreciation, and couldn't help but send loving energy their way. When I offered myself love, it filled me and flowed out of me to those around me, effortlessly, naturally. The way water fills a glass or the day flows into night. Like a heart beat. Love is natural and effortless and abundant. And it all opened up when I offered myself a little kindness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment