Thursday, August 15, 2013

This is my prayer

This is my prayer to the universe today- When I am ready, Let it be.  Let me glow like a candle speaking light to light that is pretending to be the darkness.  And then, when I meet myself there, let me shine like the sun speaking light to every star, little lights shining brightly in their own orbits. And let me be the moon reflecting my own radiance back to me, so that I can keep my own way lit when I can't find myself.  So that I can lose and find and lose and find myself again with every healing and breaking of the day. Without terror of the dark. Knowing the way. And so that I can fall in love with the light I see reflecting back at me from me. And the light I see in you, that I needed to see in me first and endlessly in order to recognize it anywhere else. Let me be the Narcissist who has become aware of the extent of her own being, far-reaching, soft and simple like Whitman's grass. Let me stretch softly out of darkness.  In my time.  Taller and brighter and more wide-spreading than I have the courage to imagine. And let me do it Softly.  Gently.  The way light touches things. Guide me to me.   To make the beauty of everything, and myself, more visible. The way the sun or kindness does, just by being itself. When I am ready, Let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment