Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Embodied

I stand tall and walk unapologetically with short shorts and a bikini top on the boardwalk, asking for nothing but for the sunlight to touch my skin and the breeze to cool me down. Gaze if you choose, or don't; either way, I move contented. I was not born for you to affirm or deny with a glance. I was made to enjoy this earth, this life. If you should appreciate my form, and if it should bring a smile, let it be. I am in no way to deny a smile to anyone. But I assure you, friend, if once you learned my name and spoke a sentence toward me of worth, I should have offered you a great deal more substantial a moment. There is such abundance beneath the surface of people, do not underestimate any body. Sisters, can you hear me also? Do not underestimate, however beautiful you may be, more beauty still lies within each, of this I am certain. I've yet to find an exception, even in strangers' eyes I see, I know I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment